lwip-users

[lwip-users] lwIP on TI C55 processor

From: Jamie Granger
Subject: [lwip-users] lwIP on TI C55 processor
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 10:47:07 +0100

Hi,
I am a new member of this list and new to lwIP.  I have a question
regarding using lwip with a Texas Instruments C55 DSP.

Searching through the archives I found several posts back in 2004
referring to the C55 processor and that people were porting lwip for
this processor and other 16-bit processors.  (The main problem with the
C55 seems to be that this processor does not have an 8-bit type, or
8-bit addressing, therefore using u8_t pointers does not work
correctly.)

The question is, have these problems been fixed in the current version
of lwip ?  So, can I use the current version as it is, or do I need a
special port for the C55 ?  If I do need a port, then does anyone know
where I can get hold of one ?
(There was a link to a C55 port in one of the 2004 posts, but the link
now seems to be broken.)

Note, I plan to use lwip with a serial port interface, using either PPP
or SLIP.

Thanks,
Jamie Granger

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it ("E-mail") is intended solely for
the
addressee(s) and may contain confidential and/or legally privileged
information.
If you are not the addressee(s), any disclosure, reproduction, copying,
distribution
or other use of the E-mail is prohibited. If you have received this E-mail in
error,
please delete it and notify the sender immediately via our switchboard or
return e-mail.

Neither the company nor any individual sending this E-mail accepts any liability
in respect of the content (including errors and omissions) and timeliness of
the E-mail
which arise as a result of transmission. If verification is required, please
request
a hard copy version.

ERA Technology Ltd Registered in England Number 4044609 Registered Office:
Brook Road, Wimborne, Dorset, U.K. BH21 2BJ .
This email was scanned by Postini, the leading provider in Managed Email
Security.  For more information visit
www.groveis.com