lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Restarting lwip/ethernet

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Restarting lwip/ethernet
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 20:13:20 +0200

Alexandre Malo wrote:
Hi,
I am looking to stop/start lwip and the physical layer. What Im trying to do it to be able to change the ip address on runtime without restarting the uc.

For that, you don't have to stop the physical layer! You will only have to bring the lwIP netif down, change its IP address and set it up again (netif_set_down(), netif_set_ipaddr(), netif_set_up()). I cannot tell you whether active connections survive this IP address change, though.

Simon