lwip-users

RE : [lwip-users] Join Multicast Group

From: Frédéric BERNON
Subject: RE : [lwip-users] Join Multicast Group
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 18:00:54 +0200

To get multicast working (and I confirm you that it's work on lwIP 1.3.0), you
have to set LWIP_IGMP=1 in your lwipopts.h file, AND, your netif should have
the flag NETIF_FLAG_IGMP set in the "netif::flags".

It could be something like this in your driver code :

netif->flags = NETIF_FLAG_BROADCAST | NETIF_FLAG_ETHARP | NETIF_FLAG_LINK_UP |
NETIF_FLAG_IGMP;

About SO_REUSEADDR, it's not supported yet, but it's not strictly necessary.
The only problem you could got is you cannot have two sockets opened on the
same port to receive twice one multicast stream.

====================================
Frédéric BERNON
HYMATOM SA
Chef de projet informatique