lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] lwIP 1.3.1 release candidate

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] lwIP 1.3.1 release candidate
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 2009 12:47:49 +0200

> To prepare for the imminent release of lwIP 1.3.1 we have prepared a
> release candidate. This is your chance to test that lwIP 1.3.1 works and
> get any fixes you need included in the final release. Please test and
> report any failures or problems. The code is available via CVS using the
> tag STABLE-1_3_1-RC1.

Shouldn't we provide the RC1 as ZIP download on the project page? I guess that
way more users will be able to test it; CVS is always a barrier (even if it's a
small one). We could delete the RC1 download as soon as 1.3.1 final is out.

Oh, and I just found that the version information in init.h is wrong:
currently, it is "1.3.2.0", but for RC1 of 1.3.1 it should be "1.3.1.1" and for
the release "1.3.1.255". How do we change that now that the files are already
tagged?

Simon