lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] low_level_output question

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] low_level_output question
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 10:35:02 +0200

Same old story...

> Hello
> If you in SYS_ARCH_PROTECT save the interrupt flags before you disable the
> interrupt and in SYS_ARCH_UNPROTECT restore the interrupt flags,
> You can use the functions in ISR

I guess you mean 'pbuf_free' by 'the functions'? If so, I have to dissapoint
you: if you use the lwIP heap (mem_malloc) for PBUF_RAM pbufs (which is the
standard), you can only use pbuf_free from ISR context if you use at least a
CVS version post-1.3.0 and manually set LWIP_ALLOW_MEM_FREE_FROM_OTHER_CONTEXT
to 1 in your lwipopts.h.

Otherwise, the heap will be protected by a *semaphore*, not by
SYS_ARCH_PROTECT, which will prevent you from using it from ISR!

Simon
http://www.gmx.net/de/go/multimessenger01