lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] about lwip TCP/IP paratmers

From: yueyue papa
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] about lwip TCP/IP paratmers
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 20:29:34 +0800

>>lwIP normally only sends a FIN when the connection is closed by the
application.
I do not agree this statement. I always find lwIP first FIN the connection. The connection is not close by remote.

On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 7:19 PM, Kieran Mansley <address@hidden> wrote:
On Tue, 2009-03-17 at 17:38 +0800, yueyue papa wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I meet the problem in lwIP working on the poor GPRS network.
>
> I could see connection lost in the GPRS network: lwIP send FIN, so the
> connection is losted.

lwIP normally only sends a FIN when the connection is closed by the
application.  If something were timing out in the stack it would instead
be either just dropping the connection or sending a RST to abort the
connection.  This suggests that your application is giving up on the
connection, and so changing the timers in lwIP won't make any
difference.

Kieran