lwip-users

[lwip-users] Connections slowing down after some time

From: Steffen Wolfer
Subject: [lwip-users] Connections slowing down after some time
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2009 13:11:52 +0100

Hello,

I'm using lwIP on an LPC2468 with FreeRTOS. I wrote my own little web
server on top of lwIP, using the sockets API. Now for the first couple
of requests, everything runs pretty fast and my web sites, which consist
of up to six files and an overall size of at least 20 KB, are loaded
within less than one second.
However, after some requests everything is heavily slowing down and
requests need up to one minute to become completely satisfied. I checked
the lwIP stats but couldn't find any suspicious values. On the other
hand I noticed that ping times before slowing down are about 0.5 ms and
after turn pretty exactly to 1000 or 2000 ms.
Analyzing with wireshark, I found out that a lot of packets are re-sent
after slowing down.

Does anyone have an idea what the problem could be?

Thanks,
Steffen