lwip-users

[lwip-users] Re: lwip-users Digest, Vol 67, Issue 11

From: Chen
Subject: [lwip-users] Re: lwip-users Digest, Vol 67, Issue 11
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2009 14:47:10 -0500

I am pretty sure I've got the latest lwIP already since the directory said so

So the issues Kieran mentioned, "lwIP should probe the other end in that situation, but the code to do that was relatively recent (just before 1.3 I think) and there may still be some issues with it." remains unresolved.

This is problem is happening pretty frequently now, as more data are being sent over the wires.

Sorry, but I think those 1.3... are not of lwIP  :(

Do I simply replace all the files in lwIP with the latest? Or there is a better way to do it?

If I understand you correctly, I should be able to use
#define PBUF_POOL_SIZE          60
#define TCP_SND_BUF             30000

60x500=30000

but with these settings, I can't even connect to lwIP using telnet

Please see the capture on http://www.dataq.com/chen/pbuf_pool_size60.cap

Lowering
PBUF_POOL_SIZE to 40 allows connection. Also the default was #define PBUF_POOL_SIZE 6 and #define TCP_SND_BUF 2150, and 6x500>2150

Do I miss something else here?

Thanks

Chen schrieb:

    I believe it is 1.3 since the soure codes have many reference for 1.3.6.1.2.1.xx (which definition should I search to be absolutely sure?)

1.3.6.1.2.1.xx??? Where's that from? Unfortunately, there is still no version in the sources. It's a new "feature" just added in CVS HEAD.

    Where to acquire the latest?

http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/lwip/ -> Download

> I am confused:

*> "#define* PBUF_POOL_BUFSIZE 500" is not the packet size (I can see packet of 1460 bytes from Wireshark), how does it affect the tx buffer?

Each buffer is 500 bytes long. A packet of 1460 bytes TCP data (plus some headers, 1514 bytes totally) is thus made up of 4 pbufs from the pool *if* these are used. For transmitting, PBUF_RAM is used, which is allocated from the heap, the size of which is define with the define MEM_SIZE (in bytes).

Simon