lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Help:

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Help:
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2009 13:40:46 +0000

On Tue, 2009-03-03 at 12:07 +0200, Michael Long wrote:
> Hi
>
> We have ported LWIP to our system. When we send data to SMTP server we
> notice that the header and tail of the message gets cut.
> Thats about as much information as I got about it.
> We also notice that we need to send the information twice. It always
> fails the first time. its seems that the smtp server needs to wake up
> or something.
> Can you provide any help on sending data to SMTP server i.e. email and
> some reasoning why this is happening. I realise this is question isn't
> entirely related to lwip but any help would be much appreciated.

Can you provide some more information?  What SMTP server are you using?
Is the server running on the lwIP system, or on another system and lwIP
is operating as the client?  Can you get a packet capture to illustrate
the problems you're having?

As Piero said, it does sound rather like this is a problem with the SMTP
server or your driver, rather than lwIP, but some of the above should
help to pinpoint where things are going wrong.

Thanks

Kieran