lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Is something wrong in netconn_accetp() api ??

From: Jonathan Larmour
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Is something wrong in netconn_accetp() api ??
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 19:38:10 +0100

yihect wrote:
When I sent a http request using TELNET program in my pc, the netconn_accept() returned, and I had noticed SYN/SYN+ACK/ACK packages in Ethereal, I think that meas the TCP connection(accept_conn) have established. But when I stepped into netconn_recv() in http_server_serve() fun, I found the conn->state is equal to zero, namely NETCONN_NONE.

That is correct.

Finally, netconn_recv() return a null pointer, and the port is crashed.

Is that just after you closed your telnet? If so, then I don't believe there's any problem. The example program is not robust to that - it's only a trivial example for demonstration purposes. It doesn't check the return from netconn_recv.

Here, Is something wrong? Since the connection had been established , should state field of the connection be NETCONN_CONNECT , not be NETCONN_NONE ? From Ethereal's output, the connection have closed, which proved by debugging into following if-block in netconn_recv() fun:

NETCONN_CONNECT is only used if something is waiting for a netconn_connect() to complete.

Jifl