lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Problem with lwIP in seial-ethernet data transfer

From: Vibhor Kapoor
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Problem with lwIP in seial-ethernet data transfer
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2008 11:01:12 +0530

Thanks for the response. I read through the below link and fully agree that we need some locking mechanism for accessing the core.

However having six tasks and each task on getting scheduled call tcp-write and tcp-output with a different pcb and buffer(storing the data).
This may be preventing my system till now but we need to have a locking mechanism.

We call tcp-output just after tcp-write like this:

err=tcp_write(.....);
if(err != ERR_MEM)
{
tcp_output(.....);
}

We did so as we need to output continous data to TCP on all the six ports and if we let tcp_write do the processing , we were loosing the data, hence whenever tcp-write doesn't return error, we immediately output.

Please confirm if the above approach is fine and I  plan to put a lock before entering this section and then unlock once out of this section.

Regards