lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] about memory problem

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] about memory problem
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 11:14:32 +0100

On Thu, 2008-07-17 at 17:56 +0800, yueyue papa wrote:
> If onlye enable
>  */
> #ifndef MEM_USE_POOLS
> #define MEM_USE_POOLS                   1
> #endif
>
> /**
>  * MEMP_USE_CUSTOM_POOLS==1: whether to include a user file lwippools.h
>  * that defines additional pools beyond the "standard" ones required
>  * by lwIP. If you set this to 1, you must have lwippools.h in your
>  * inlude path somewhere.
>  */
> #ifndef MEMP_USE_CUSTOM_POOLS
> #define MEMP_USE_CUSTOM_POOLS           0
> #endif

I've had a look at the code, and that combination is not supported.  You
should see an error like this one when you try and compile it:

../../../../../lwip/src/core/init.c:156:4: #error "MEM_USE_POOLS
requires custom pools (MEMP_USE_CUSTOM_POOLS) to be enabled in your
lwipopts.h"

> If i switch enable MEMP_USE_CUSTOM_POOLS , default windows build is ok.

That is the right thing to do, and as it builds OK then it sounds like
there's no error.  You'll also need to write an lwippools.h if you've
not already done so; see here for documentation:

http://lwip.scribblewiki.com/Custom_memory_pools

Kieran