lwip-users

RE: [lwip-users] Strange ghost segments

From: Muhamad Ikhwan Ismail
Subject: RE: [lwip-users] Strange ghost segments
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 09:43:28 +0000

When u say ghost data, did Wireshark tag those packets as Ethernet -II or Ethernet Type II packets or something like that ?
I used to have the problem at start 1.3.0 and it was because in 1.2.0 the TCP data are mostly single chain element packets, and UDP
are normally a chain of 2 (the header and the payload) and my driver did exactly that.
In 1.3.0 as I discovered the TCP data can be chains of multiple pbufs now, so most probably your driver sent
a single chained packets, and the rest are seen as garbage (the ones in the next chains).
Try fixing the driver as mine was definitely a problem with the driver.