lwip-users

RE: [lwip-users] tcp_enqueue problem, using socket:

From: Bill Auerbach
Subject: RE: [lwip-users] tcp_enqueue problem, using socket:
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 11:31:53 -0400

> Not before 1.3.0 sorry. It's just too close. It's easy to make the first
> write non-blocking, but to allow subsequent ones to be non-blocking before
> the first write's data is completely sent would require being able to
> store
> a list of pending writes. I don't think the implementation would be
> meaningful until the code does that.

This is what I had to do.

> Alternatively you could use the raw API instead, but obviously that would
> be quite a change for you.

Would the test I proposed yesterday work if used before calling lwip_send
work?  Of course the program now has to handle the case of what to do if it
would block, but the blocking call could be avoided.  It means the socket
layer has to dig into the pcb struct, but there really isn't a choice if the
test is to be made.

Bill