lwip-users

[lwip-users] Timers & Low Level Tick

From: Rick Culver
Subject: [lwip-users] Timers & Low Level Tick
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 09:45:33 -0500

I am using the callback API with the LWIP stack.  Currently I have a function that calls the timers (etharp_tmr, tcp_slowtmr, tcp_fasttmr, etc.) and the processing of received packets.  I call this function in the main non-IRQ loop.  However, I am finding that in some cases I can not call this function frequently enough to keep up with the packets and/or timers.  I was thinking of setting up a low priority IRQ to simply call this function about every 100ms or so to process the timers and received packets.  My question is this, if I am also trying to set up calls to tcp_write at the non-IRQ level will cause problems for the stack to run my processing function at the low level IRQ interrupt?  Can this be done and/or can it be done with certain precautions in doing so?  Please advise.
Rick