lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Queued segments not being sent

From: Jonathan Larmour
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Queued segments not being sent
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 13:47:15 +0000

Bill Auerbach wrote:
> Yeah, you’re right.
>

> The good news is, I found the problem.  That tcp_poll routine sneaks in
> and was calling send_data (my version of it) and this threw off my one
> to one relationship of calling tcp_write and having tcp_sent be used to
> free the data.  I’m not sure what the purpose of tcp_poll is, but it was
> getting in my way.

It's called every TCP slow timer interval for any sort of timeout
processing you may want to do. This saves raw API apps having to have some
other means of setting up a timer.

Jifl
 **  Visit us at ESC Silicon Valley <http://www.embedded.com/esc/sv>  **
 **  April 15-17 2008, Booth 3012, San Jose McEnery Convention Center **
------["Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere"]------       Opinions==mine