lwip-users

[lwip-users] Optimizing TCP writes

From: Bill Auerbach
Subject: [lwip-users] Optimizing TCP writes
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 08:58:19 -0500

Hi,

Is there a way to call tcp_write and defer the output?  I know I have several small chunks of data going out and each is sent separately with tcp_write.  If I can get lwIP to build the outgoing segment list and send them all at once performance would improve a lot.

I noticed in a couple of places after a tcp_write, there is a use of the macro tcp_output_nagle.  If we use our own raw connection handling, should our code be using this after tcp_write also?  Just for reference, is there a reason tcp_write (maybe with a test as to when) doesn’t use tcp_output_nagle directly?

Thank you,

Bill