lwip-users

AW: [lwip-users] arter getting error sys timeouts in the funtionsys_arch

From: Goldschmidt Simon
Subject: AW: [lwip-users] arter getting error sys timeouts in the funtionsys_arch_timeouts()
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 09:48:08 +0100

> My second question is in the funtion netconn_recv(). I don't use socket, so when I want to receive data, netconn_recv() is been
> called. In the funtion, first it asks a buf, then waits for data coming forever. sometimes, I want to close the connect in another task,
>  but the funtion netconn_recv() doesn't return, and the buf doesn't free forever!

You may not use a netconn from 2 different threads at the same time -> receiving in one thread an closing from a second thread won't work reliably.

Newer version of lwIP (CVS HEAD) have a new switch RECV_TIMEOUT (or something like that) which enables you let netconn_recv return NULL after a certain time of receiving nothing.

Simon