lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] mem.c heap problem in 1.2.0

From: Erik Ekman
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] mem.c heap problem in 1.2.0
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 18:59:57 +0100

> Erik Ekman schrieb:
> > I guess a update to HEAD is the way to go, but I would be glad if
> > there is just some small fix for me to apply.
> >
> Unfortunately, there is no such thing. The mem.c code has changed very
> much since 1.2.0, you might want to try using the CVS HEAD version of
> mem.c only and try to compile it with 1.2.0, just to check if that
> solves your problem. You will have to change some #ifdef's or #if's but
> aside from that, it shouldn't be so hard to integrate the new mem.c into
> 1.2.0 since mem.c does not access much of the other code (aside from
> SYS_ARCH_PROTECT and sys_sems).
>
> Another option is of course to wait a month or more to upgrade to the
> upcoming 1.3.0 (or one of its release candidates), but that could take a
> while...
>
> Simon

I copied in mem.[ch] from HEAD, then got errors in memp.c so I took
that as well, but being a friday afternoon I did not make a really
serious attempt to make it compile again. :)

I use NOSYS=1 so semaphores and such are no problem.
I will take a deeper look at merging next week, thanks for the info.

/Erik