lwip-users

Re: RE : [lwip-users] using 2 IP numbers at the same time

From: Jonathan Larmour
Subject: Re: RE : [lwip-users] using 2 IP numbers at the same time
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2007 13:32:03 +0000

Frédéric BERNON wrote:
>> I have an ethernet interface for communication and using LwIP(LwIP 2.00.a
>> version)
> I suppose this is a release number provided by your port maintainer.
> Currently, last release is 1.2.0
>
>>From mail group , I read that this  is possible with creating seperate
>>network interfaces with 'netif_add' function.
>
> Can you provide these mails references?

I think I may have said it at one point. Note there's a difference between
"possible" and "easy"! And it may not work quite as expected - in
particular, if the two IP addresses are on the same subnet, then the simple
"routing" that lwIP provides means that it will always send packets out the
first netif. And as for receiving packets, you will have to handle
differentiating which packets are which in the driver.

Jifl
------["Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere"]------       Opinions==mine