lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] netconn: freeing netbufs after netconn_recv

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] netconn: freeing netbufs after netconn_recv
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2007 16:37:31 +0100

Ivan Delamer schrieb:
Thanks Simon,

BTW, I have never contributed code here before, but perhaps the netbuf_delete
could be added to the HTTP example? How is that posted?
If you take a look at the httpserver-netconn.c in the contrib module in CVS (take a look at the current version here: http://cvs.savannah.nongnu.org/viewvc/contrib/apps/httpserver/httpserver-netconn.c?revision=1.4&root=lwip&view=markup ), netbuf_delete() is called at the end of the serve-function.

If the HTTP server I'm making is half decent I'll post it in case anybody is
interested.
The question how to contribute is not that easily answered right now. We haven't yet decided what to do with contributions that don't fit in the category 'bug' or 'patch'. Only apps/ports/drivers that have an active maintainer (with write access to CVS) are added to the repository.

We have discussed the idea for an open space for applications based on an lwIP API or ports/drivers that are unmaintained, but that hasn't led to a final decision, yet. As it is right now, I'm afraid the only thing you can do is post your code here on the mailing list. I'd be happy to take a look over it, though. But, taking part in maintaining the current 'httpserver-netconn' I don't think it will be extended in any way since it is really only a small netconn-API example application.

Simon