lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] FreeRTOS Demo & lwIP cvs head

From: Andrew Lukefahr
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] FreeRTOS Demo & lwIP cvs head
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 22:48:04 -0500

I'm running FreeRTOS with a cvs Lwip from about 2 weeks ago.  I'm using the Sequential API, so I dont know how much the Raw API has changed.   I had to modify the sys_arch.c file to include several new functions, as well as modify the existing code to work with the new functions.  In particular I believe the sys_thread_new parameters have changed, and there is a few new mailbox functions that need to be written.  They were fairly simple.  Also, you will need to copy the old ethernetif.c into the src->netif directory.

Also, I had to change some things to lwipopts.h to get everything to compile and run.  I think the main thing is that you need to specify how much stack space different threads get in lwip.

If you would like I can send you my lwipopts.h file.
Andrew Lukefahr
address@hidden

Open Source, Open Minds

address@hidden wrote:

New member ...

I am wondering if anybody has successfully ported the current cvs head to the Atmel demo board (ie, updated the FreeRTOS demo to post-1.2.0 code).

I have been attempting to get the demo application to run using the updated stack quite unsuccessfully for about a week.  The vast number of changes and default settings has apparently introduced incompatibilities at some level that prevent it from operating.  It took a while to even get it to compile and link.

If anybody has had any level of success in this regard, I would love to know what you did.

We have had 1.2.0 working on our target board for several months, but have been plagued by reliability issues.  We decided to upgrade the stack in order to gain access so as to send out ICMP pings to act as a sort of "watchdog."  This was supposed to be a simple upgrade...  those always seem to be the killers!

Thanks for any help.

Andy