lwip-users

[lwip-users] PPP build inconsistency

From: Marko Panger
Subject: [lwip-users] PPP build inconsistency
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 17:01:23 +0200

Hi all,

Im' trying to build the lwip stack with PPPOS_SUPPORT enabled and PPPOE_SUPPORT disabled (gprs connection).

When building the latest cvs snapshot code there is a build error on line 507 of the ppp.c file. The code is trying to reference a member of the PPPControl_s structure (pc->ethif= NULL;). On line 141 of the same file, this member is not compiled due to the PPPOE_SUPPORT definition being 0 in my case.

Again, the code is trying to reference the dhcp member of the netif structure on line 1340 of the ppp.c file, although my configuration is LWIP_DHCP 0. Btw. this line is commented with "/* ugly workaround for storing a reference to the ppp related info*/". Being ugly what should I take care of ?

If there is someone knowledgeable of the ppp code in lwip I'm kindly asking him to help me build the ppp code.

Once I build the ppp code I have no idea how to initialize and setup a PPP connection. Which is the order of api calls from ppp.c that I should I invoke ?

Thanks,
marko