lwip-users

Re: RE : [lwip-users] tcp_sent() question

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: Re: RE : [lwip-users] tcp_sent() question
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 09:17:11 +0100

On Sun, 2007-07-29 at 20:44 -0600, David Vos wrote:
> Thanks for the explanation.  I had read some old documentation
> somewhere that suggested that lwip required you to handle resending
> data yourself (the data due to lost packets).  Now I see why this
> function is useful in other ways.

Also, if the sending process has used the sort of pbuf that references
memory directly rather than making the stack copy it, this callback lets
them know that the stack will not reference the data any more and the
sending process is free to do what it likes with it.  Before this
callback is called the stack could still need the data and so the
application must ensure it remains valid.

Kieran