lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Broadcast packets breaking my network traffic

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Broadcast packets breaking my network traffic
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 15:39:23 +0100

On Thu, 2007-07-19 at 15:35 +0100, Kieran Mansley wrote:
> Can you get a small ethereal capture to illustrate this?  The fact that
> the hub makes a difference is interesting.  I wonder if it is a problem
> with the boards seeing packets from one of the other boards.  Does it
> happen in response to all broadcast ARP packets, or only some?  Does it
> happen in response to other broadcast packets?

Is there any traffic (other than broadcast packets and TCP ACKs) going
back from the PC to the devices?  If not, it could be just that the
board receiving data is causing them problems (rather than it being
broadcast packets in particular).  You could try sending a UDP stream at
the board (which should just drop the packets if there is nothing
listening to receive them) and see what that does.

Kieran