lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] (no subject)

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] (no subject)
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 10:52:26 +0100

On Thu, 2006-08-31 at 10:41 +0100, John Horton wrote:
> Before I embark on implementing a HTTP server from scratch for LWIP,
> does anybody know of a free one with source code that I could refer
> to?

There are lots of free web servers with source code.  Do you mean one
that has been ported to use the lwIP raw API?  If using the sockets API,
porting the server should just be (at best) a matter of recompiling it.
If the shared library we have in the contrib tree were in better shape
you probably wouldn't even need to do that as it could just be
"LD_PRELOAD"ed to intercept the socket calls.

If I was starting this I'd choose a simple, small webserver like
lighttpd as a basis.

Kieran