lwip-users

RE: [lwip-users] Who is socket expert?

From: revathy
Subject: RE: [lwip-users] Who is socket expert?
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 15:09:25 +0530

Thanks Kieran for your needful help!
I will try that.

Revathy

-----Original Message-----
From: address@hidden
[mailto:address@hidden
Behalf Of Kieran Mansley
Sent: Thursday, August 24, 2006 2:09 PM
To: address@hidden; Mailing list for lwIP users

On Thu, 2006-08-24 at 14:04 +0530, revathy wrote:
> Hi,
>       Iam working in BF533 APSP Blackfin processsor. In that with respect to
> setsocketopt API:-
>
> int setsockopt(int s, int level, int optname, const void *optval, int
> optlen);
>
> I wanted to know whether we have supported level namely IPPROTO_IP, where
we
> can do multicasting. Otherwise let me know where to enable Multicasting
> option.

lwIP doesn't support multicast in its current form.  Any multicast TCP
packets received are just dropped.  I expect the same is true for UDP,
but haven't checked.  If you want to look in the source, look for the
ip_addr_ismulticast() function - this test is used to tell if it's
multicast traffic and take suitable actions.

Kieran