lwip-users

[lwip-users] Calling socket interface - which thread to use?

From: Wilson, Clive
Subject: [lwip-users] Calling socket interface - which thread to use?
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2006 12:55:52 +0100

Hello,

I have a multi-threaded LwIP app that uses the socket interface (write(), read() etc). I'm using the PPP network interface, so I have ppp thread, tcpip thread, and my app thread. I'm not 100% sure whether it is important for the socket api to be called from any particular thread, or if there is a thread interface that takes care of that. My hunch is that I can make the socket calls from within the app thread and the api looks after passing the data to the tcpip thread.

Does anyone have a view on this?

Many thanks in anticipation,

CTW