lwip-users

[lwip-users] Sharing Lwip between unrelated processes

From: Dennis Sandwiese
Subject: [lwip-users] Sharing Lwip between unrelated processes
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 16:05:34 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if someone could shed some light on
how two unrelated processes in Unix could share Lwip.
I see that the application thread communicates with
the TCP thread through message queues. Some of the
Lwip initialization is for the TCP/IP thread and the
rest for the application side. I assume that the lib
code on the application side needs to be initialized
before an unrelated process could "talk" to an already
running TCP thread through message queues. Is that
right? Ultimately, I want to be able to run lwip as an
independent "service" that other applications in the
system could share. I appreciate any suggestions. Or
please let me know if I got it all wrong.

Regards,
Dennis