lwip-users

[lwip-users] U16_F used in LwIP 1.1.1

From: Wilson, Clive
Subject: [lwip-users] U16_F used in LwIP 1.1.1
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 14:14:00 +0100

Hello,

I'm in the process of adopting the latest version (v1.1.1) of the LwIP stack, after having used an older version for previous development. I notice from the v1.1.1 CHANGELOG that one of the changes included in this revision was that Christiaan Simons "introduced cc.h LWIP_DEBUG formatters matching the u16_t, s16_t, u32_t, s32_t typedefs. This solves most debug word-length assumes."

I notice that the LwIP debug macros have now changed slightly to the following format, e.g.

LWIP_DEBUGF(DHCP_DEBUG | DBG_TRACE | DBG_STATE, ("dhcp_handle_nak(): set request timeout %"U16_F" msecs\n", msecs));

i.e. they use U16_F. Should this be defined in cc.h? How should that be defined, compared to the old defines in there, e.g. "typedef unsigned short u16_t;"? I'm not familiar with this particular syntax, and the 1.1.1 package is missing something needed for successful compilation...

Very many thanks in anticipation if you are able to offer any help,

Kind regards,

Clive Wilson