lwip-users

RE: [lwip-users] Regarding Packet Loss in UDP mode - LwIP TCP/IP stack

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: RE: [lwip-users] Regarding Packet Loss in UDP mode - LwIP TCP/IP stack
Date: Wed, 03 May 2006 10:18:45 +0100

On Wed, 2006-05-03 at 14:42 +0530, revathy wrote:
> Hi Kieran,
>               Thanks a lot for trying to attempt my problem.
>
>       Yes, as you said in UDP mode, packet loss is common.
> But, I tried with less traffic situation, meaning PC to board alone (static
> mode)
> and no switch in between (This is by using crossover cable).
>       In that case also packet loss is happening, if iam not using the
> sleep(100).
> what can I do?

Investigate where in the UDP/IP stack the packets are being dropped.
Most probably this is at the receiver, and most probably it's due to
some queue getting full.  I'm not sure where the queues are in the
receiver, but it should be a pretty quick job to look through and add
some sort of instrumentation at each queue whenever a packet is dropped.

Kieran