lwip-users

[lwip-users] RFC: lwIP project lead / future direction

From: Leon Woestenberg
Subject: [lwip-users] RFC: lwIP project lead / future direction
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 10:40:11 +0100

Hello all,

I am glad to see the growth of momentum on the development side of lwIP; people stepping up to implement new features, wanting to clean the APIs and people concerned over performance regression, etc. Several suggestions on the list would call for breakage of the lwIP for some users, because of API change. My personal preference would be to ditch the current API's and go for a sole BSD sockets compatible API, stripped for features as appropriate.

As I am no longer using lwIP in current projects (and probably will not spend time on it for the next year), it makes no sense for me to be a project co-leader anymore. I simply am no longer able to oversee the whole picture.

As Adam Dunkels (the original author) and Kieran Mansley (co-leader) are in similar positions (no resp. limited time to spend on lwIP) I hope other people (which are actively involved with lwIP) can step up for this position, which mainly involves proper progress of the future development of the lwIP stack and proper release engineering.

Any hands in the crowd? :-)

Regards,

Leon Woestenberg.