lwip-users

[lwip-users] cs8900 stall

From: Chris Hiszpanski
Subject: [lwip-users] cs8900 stall
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 02:11:15 -0400

Hi,

I am using Leon's cs8900 device driver and am noticing a stalling problem that I suspect is with the driver, particularly within the initialization of the cs8900. I have been able to pin point it down to the following:

I set a breakpoint at cs8900if_service via arm-gdb. Then I send a single ping packet. The breakpoint is reached and my arm7 is halted. I then send a second ping packet while the processor is halted. The interrupt is asserted to 3.3V. I unhalt the processor. The interrupt deasserts to 0V, meaning the interrupt has been processed. I then send a third ping. The breakpoint is never reached and the interrupt line remains at 0V.

Essentially, if the cs8900 receives an addition packet while a packet is waiting to be processed by an interrupt handler, the cs8900 stalls.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Cheers,
Chris