lwip-users

[lwip-users] Followup - Difficulty ending a connection over lwip raw-api

From: Larry Rachman [Innovation Design and Solutions, Inc.]
Subject: [lwip-users] Followup - Difficulty ending a connection over lwip raw-api
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2005 14:14:03 -0700 (PDT)

Well, after some more experimentation, it appears (to me) that calling
tcp_close() does *NOT* in fact deallocate the pcb, in contrast to what the
documentation says. I can call tcp_close(), my connection drops, and on
the next inbound connection attempt I receive an accept callback and a new
connection is established.

This is great news for getting my application to work. But it raises two
questions:

1 - Can someone confirm that the behavior I'm seeing is correct, and...

2 - When I *want* to deallocate a pcb, how do I do it? I don't see a
"tcp_remove()" function, similar to the "udp_remove()" one that *is* in
the documentation. I have no immediate need to do this, but I'll
eventually need to when I add port agility.

Thanks,
-lr

Larry Rachman
Innovation Design and Solutions, Inc.