lwip-users

[lwip-users] FTP-DATA exchange: TCP issues

From: Tom C. Barker
Subject: [lwip-users] FTP-DATA exchange: TCP issues
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 09:54:14 -0800

Hello,

Maybe to short-circuit this issue, I am working with
0.7.2 and am in the process of moving to 1.1.0 so if
the following problem resembles a bug prior to 1.1.0,
please let me know.

In testing an ftp implementation where I will occasionally
successfully transfer a 400k file, I have come across a
consistently reproducible issue where my lwIP ftp server
seems to have dropped an ACK in that according to the
attached (truncated-packets) ethereal file, the packet on
line 249 should have ACK'd 264364, but instead ACKs 267284.
The rest of the (doomed) transaction is spent trying to
shoehorn in a few packets to the client's unacked queue.

Would someone have any advice on what might be happening
here and where I might catch this issue.

Tom