lwip-users

[lwip-users] Re: pack macros.

From: David Haas
Subject: [lwip-users] Re: pack macros.
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 08:16:13 -0500

Hi Igor,

I am CCing the list (which you should generally use for LWIP-related questions).

The answer is that cc.h needs to be written for the specific compiler. I would find your compiler's operation definitely unusual and quite frankly unlikely, since it means that you can't have any macros within the preprocessor statements. What compiler is it?

David.

Igor Auzokoa wrote:

Hello David,
My compiler manual says that the preprocessor lines are recognized an
carried out before macro expansion. therefore, if a macro expands into
something that looks like a preprocessor command, that command is not
recognized by the preprocessor.
In your cc.h file appears those macro definitions:
/* Compiler hints for packing structures */
#define PACK_STRUCT_BEGIN #pragma pack(1,1,0)
#define PACK_STRUCT_STRUCT
#define ALIGN_STRUCT_8_BEGIN #pragma pack(1,8,0)
#define ALIGN_STRUCT_END #pragma pack()
#define PACK_STRUCT_END #pragma pack()
and when pass the compiler it has errors in ip_addr.h, tcp.h... files that
use those macros.
How do you resolve this problem?.

Kind regards, Igor.