lwip-users

[lwip-users] sys_timeout_handler

From: marek
Subject: [lwip-users] sys_timeout_handler
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 20:03:53 +0100 (CET)

Hi

I’m new to lwip and I have question
Suppose that I have init code for first task;

 Lwip_init()
{
 …
  netif_add(&mynetif, &ipaddr, &netmask, &gw, NULL, ethernetif_init,
tcpip_input);
  netif_set_up(&mynetif);
  while(1);
}

Function ethernetif_init creates second task ( for ethernet device),
initializes ARP (etharp_init) and sys_timeout(ARP_TMR_INTERVAL, arp_timer,
NULL);

My problem is that function arp_timer will never execute...

I look up code and I saw that sys_timeout_handler is only executed from
sys_mbox_fetch, and sys_sem_wait, but only from current thread.

Is I thinking right that in my Lwip_init I must insert something like
sys_sem_wait in my while(1) loop?

I’m using lwip 1.1

I need help.
Mark