lwip-users

[lwip-users] Overview of mboxes

From: Chris Frost
Subject: [lwip-users] Overview of mboxes
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2004 18:46:48 -0800

I was wondering if someone might be able to give me/point me towards
just a short overview of the purpose of mboxes in lwip? For example,
are they for intrathread communication only? Interthread?
Interprocess? (If interprocess, is each mailbox global?) Just a
little bit of a high level overview would be very helpful, I hope to
be able to dive in with such very appreciated help.

Related, I'm not clear on whether thread support, or when thread support, is
needed. Are there non-performance reasons (features?) for making
thread support available? I'd like to use lwip as a network stack
running in one process with other processes being able to use it for
network communication, I don't know if this affects the answer to this
question?

thanks in advance,
--
Chris Frost  |  <http://www.frostnet.net/chris/>