lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] netif_is_up ?

From: David Haas
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] netif_is_up ?
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2004 11:19:25 -0500

Hi Jani,

I'm not sure when this change was made, but you now have to explicitly make a call to bring your interface up.

My initialization looks like this:

netif_add(&netif, &ipaddr, &netmask, &gw, NULL, mcf5272fecif_init, tcpip_input);
   netif_set_default(&netif);
   netif_set_up(&netif);

Since I am not using DHCP right now.

I have'nt looked at any of the code, but I would suppose PPP also uses netif_set_up() and netif_set_down() when the interface goes up and down.

David.

Jani Monoses wrote:

Hello

There's a recent (I think) change in ip.c CVS which makes the stack accept packets only if the corresponding netif_is_up. However the netif state seems to only be touched by dhcp code. So is netif_set_up() which sets the NETIF_FLAG_UP on the netif's flags an additional step needed in low level eth drivers, or in app code in order to init things?

thanks
Jani