lwip-users

[lwip-users] ARM7TDMI lwIP porting problems

From: Alessandro Timossi
Subject: [lwip-users] ARM7TDMI lwIP porting problems
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 16:45:52 +0200

Hi all,
we are trying to port lwIP to ARM7TDMI, using ADS 1.2 suite from ARM (I mean the armcc compiler too). But we found some problems related to memory allocation.

The fact is that sometimes, without any fixed scheme, a message saying that some bytes cannot be allocated appears ("Could not allocate n bytes"). But this is strange because only a few packets have been processed which cannot make the memory full. This behaviour probably causes other problems such as erroneous de-allocations an pbuf_free wrong assertions.

Has someone some experience on this kind of problems? Could it be related to errors in memory allocation routines?

Thanks for your help.
Ale

ALESSANDRO TIMOSSI
Senior Consulting Engineer

Accent Srl - Design Technology Services
Via Torri Bianche 3 - 20059 Vimercate (MI) - Italy
Phone:  +39 039 6290185
Fax:    +39 039 6290140

web site: htpp//www.accent.it
Member of STMicroelectronics Group of Companies