lwip-users

[lwip-users] netconn_close() functionality

From: Karl Jeacle
Subject: [lwip-users] netconn_close() functionality
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 20:23:24 +0000

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me why netconn_close() does not issue a close unless
the pcb is in LISTEN state? When I have an open TCP connection that is
established, and my application calls netconn_close(), I expect a FIN
to be sent... but this is not how things are currently implemented.
Why is this the case?

(I know I can call netconn_delete(), but for other reasons, I don't
 want all connection variables to vanish, I just want to TCP close.)

Thanks,
Karl

api_msg.c:do_close() currently reads:

#if LWIP_TCP
    case NETCONN_TCP:
      if (msg->conn->pcb.tcp->state == LISTEN) {
  err = tcp_close(msg->conn->pcb.tcp);
      }
      msg->conn->err = err;
#endif