lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] How to test IP over PPP ?

From: Serge Beuzit
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] How to test IP over PPP ?
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2003 01:29:10 +0100

Kishore Kumar Sathyanadam wrote:

> Or better, please come back _if_ you succeed, and let us know how
> exactly you configured both ends. I've not been able to get PPP
> working, although it was exchanging data over the serial port. (This
> could be an endianess issue in my case, but I'd like to try a tested
> configuration.)

Hello,

I just tested the PPP connection (lwip running on a linux system) using
more or less the calls described in the ecos/init.c file. The other end
is running a Linux ppp stack with the following parameters:
"pppd /dev/ttyS0 57600 lock nodetach debug 192.168.2.4:192.168.2.3
crtscts"
At least, the connection is established:

        ipcp: up
        sifvjcomp: VJ compress enable=1 slot=1 max slot=15
        sifup: unit 0: linkStatusCB=8048d40 errCode=0
        linkStatusCB activated...
        local  IP address 192.168.2.3
        remote IP address 192.168.2.4

I didn't try yet to communicate through this ppp connection (in fact I
found the lwip project a few days ago while searching for an update of
the uCIp ppp stack I use to dial in a GPRS modem).

The code I used (I you need more info, please feel free to request it):

  mem_init();
  memp_init();
  pbuf_init();
  netif_init();

  /* Start the stack.It will spawn a new dedicated thread */
  sem = sys_sem_new(0);
  tcpip_init(tcpip_init_done,&sem);
  sys_sem_wait(sem);
  sys_sem_free(sem);
  pppInit();

  if ((ppp_ds_fd.fd = serial_open("/dev/ttyS0", B57600, 2,
&OriginalSerialParameters)) < 0)
    {
      exit(1);
    }

  if ((pppStatus = pppOpen(&ppp_ds_fd, linkStatusCB, NULL)) < 0)
    {
     printf("pppOpen failed\n");
      exit(1);
    }