lwip-users

[lwip-users] LwIP on M16C

From: Johan Dams
Subject: [lwip-users] LwIP on M16C
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 09:13:28 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

I have a port of LwIP on m16c, using the cs8900 ethernet controller.
I can ping the board fine, got an echo server and http server running.
Now my problem is the following:

There are 2 memory areas in the m16c, near and far.
In single chip mode, near area is RAM, far area is ROM.
As my static website is normally ROM data, it is defined something like
const static char[], it is placed in ROM area, ie far area.
If I want to send the page however, using netconn_write(), I get warnings,
during compilation and the server does not work. (warning: far pointer
casted (implicitely) by near pointer).

Does anyone have a solution for this, as I don't want to waste RAM on data
that is read only.

Thanks,
Johan