lwip-users

[lwip-users] Executing lwip on Simics (Simulator)Hi,

From: Navneet Aron
Subject: [lwip-users] Executing lwip on Simics (Simulator)Hi,
Date: Tue, 6 May 2003 17:22:59 -0700 (PDT)

Hi All,
I'm trying to  execute lwip on Simics (www.simics.net)

As per lwip's documentation
I need to create a  net/tun device which is done by commands  ./MAKEDEV
net/tun in /dev directory  and  tun driver must be loaded into kernel by
insmod tun.

I first tried to get lwip working on linux without simics. The above
approach works great.

Then I copied lwip into the simulated filesystem of simics-linux. The only
difference between simics-linux and linux is here linux is running as a OS
on top of simulator.
I tried to create net/tun device but it fails.Since ./MAKEDEV is not
present in linux hosted on top of Simics.

Can any one suggest what could be done? For example. Is it possible in
lwip to not use net/tun device and use the existing  network device.Or if
makedev can be substituted by something else.

Thanks
Navneet