lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] upgrade to 0.6.2

From: Peter Graf
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] upgrade to 0.6.2
Date: Mon, 05 May 2003 17:03:11 +0200

Hi Ed,

More on this...
Is there any chance that netconn_delete() was not updated to
match the change made to the return logic of sys_arch_mbox_fetch()?

[snip]

You are right about this fatal bug in 0.6.2, but I have just checked out the latest
CVS sources, where

    while(sys_arch_mbox_fetch(conn->recvmbox, &mem, 1) != 0)

was replaced by:

    while (sys_arch_mbox_fetch(conn->recvmbox, &mem, 1) != SYS_ARCH_TIMEOUT)

So we both have bothered the list with an already fixed bug... sorry!

On the other hand, we as users (rather than developers) of lwIP can hardly
follow every CVS version, things are under construction there, with risk
to break other things. I think this important fix is very much worth a new
release :-)

All the best
Peter