lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Multiple Sockets at the same time

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Multiple Sockets at the same time
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 16:36:41 +0100 (BST)

On Thu, 10 Apr 2003, Nishen Naidu wrote:

> Hi
>
> Are multiple sockets supported in lwip?
> For example I have a server and I want to receive connections on
> two different port numbers at the same time. How do I go about
> doing this. Is there some special setting in the lwip options file as well?
> Somebody please reply, I feel like everybody is ignoring me
> (or maybe nobody is getting my emails?)

We're getting them, but unless people know the answer they're unlikely to
reply.  In this, I do, and so I have!

You should be able to use the lwIP sockets interface in the same way that
you would any other BSD-style sockets API.  The exact code depends on
whether or not you are using a STREAM (TCP) or a DATAGRAM (UDP) socket.
If you question is how to use the sockets API to do this, then I'd suggest
reading a book or tutorial, as that will provide you with much more (and
more accurate) help and information than I can.

On the other hand, if you've implemented something that works on other
socket APIs and it doesn't work with lwIP's socket library, then please
let us know so we can fix it.

Hope that helps,

Kieran