lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Fw: Re: [lwip-members] PPP??

From: Jani Monoses
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Fw: Re: [lwip-members] PPP??
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 09:44:57 +0200

> Yes, I have used a slightly different serial interface for
> compatibility with our target OS but plan on eventually merging with
> sio, after improving it since since the current implementation lacks
> some things such as the ability to abort blocking reads, detect
> carrier loss, and is terribly inefficient on some platforms without
> buffering since it processes one character at a time (except for
> sio_send_string() which imho isn't the right approach; a simple
> sio_send_buffer() function taking a buffer pointer and user-supplied
> length would cover everything).

Actually there is no sio in core lwip.
slipif assumes the platform provides sio_open() sio_send() and sio_recv()
PPP can additionally depend on the hooks you describe above and
platforms needing PPP will have to supply them.
So there's no sio implementation to improve but only ppp to make calls
to documented sio_ functions instead of harcoded open/read/write/close
Maybe the only thing in common to SLIP and PPP will be sio_open if
you don't use 1 byte reads and writes.
What you were reffering to is probably the sio layer in the unix
simulator.

Jani.