lwip-users

[lwip-users] using lwip without an OS

From: benjamin hall
Subject: [lwip-users] using lwip without an OS
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 13:30:43 -0800

All--

I am investigating the possibility of using lwip in a non-OS environment.  I
have found and read the documentation (raw_api.txt, sys_arch.txt,
the doc entitled "Using lwIP with or without an operating system" at
http://www.sics.se/~adam/lwip/os.html, studied some of the code that comes
with the lwip source and the contrib distribution, and read what I could
find from the mail archives.  I confess that I'm still somewhat baffled by
what is minimally necessary to get such a system up and running.  I
understand that I'll need to create an abstraction layer sys_arch.c along
the lines of the one presented in the 6502 port, and I'll need of course to
provide a driver for my network interface. Beyond that, I had assumed that
the interface between lwip code and the stuff that comprises my application,
would essentially consist of calling some lwip initialization routines, and
then calling some lwip functions from a main loop to drive the tcp/ip code.

Does anyone have a working example of this ?  I don't care for what
processor/development tools, I'm just interested in seeing how this all fits
together.  BTW, I'm only interested in tcp/ip to provide a command pipe
to/from a PC and our test instrument, to replace our current serial
interface.

If there's any literature I should be looking at, please let me know. Any
other hints/direction/documentation would be most appreciated.

Regards

Ben