lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] CIFS

From: Florian Schulze
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] CIFS
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 19:44:56 +0100

On Wed, 12 Feb 2003 17:10:08 -0500, David Haas <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi everyone,

For my current project, I need to implement printing through CIFS (also known as SMB). I don't know of any BSD-style license implementation for CIFS. If any of you know of this, please let me know. I've been searching for an implementation and all I have found is samba (GPLed) and a Java project, which I am not sure is active.

Would anyone be interested in joining an open-source project for a CIFS implementation. I don't know much about protocol details yet, I plan on starting to come up to speed this week. I just need printing and probably service advertisement. I have written protocols before (most recently PPTP), so I am fairly confident of my abilities. It would sure be good to share the work though.

Of course, I plan on running it on top of lwip :-) .

Thanks,
David.

Yep, here! I would need it for simple file sharing. I had a very brief look and think it shouldn't be too hard to get it working. The hard part is getting it right, but this all depends on the requirements. Samba needs to be much more compliant as it aims on higher goals. I can't say how much time I can devote to it the next weeks, but I'm definitely interested and able to test and implement things.

Regards,
Florian