lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] RFC: Debug changes

From: David Haas
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] RFC: Debug changes
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 14:55:32 -0500

Dan,

Please see my last message. I still would turn the whole thing on/off with LWIP_DEBUG. It might only increase the size of the application when debugging is switched on.

David.

Dan Lewis wrote:

David,

Please #ifdef the changes so that we can use either the old method or your new
method. Otherwise, all the code to support your method will increase the size
of my application.

Thanks!

Dan Lewis

address@hidden 2/12/03 11:32:16 AM >>>
Hi all:

Would anyone have any objections if I changed the debug interface to support variables controlling whether debug is output or not. In words, instead of having a #define MEM_DEBUG, we would have a mem_debug global variable which could be TRUE or FALSE. In order to enable debug output you would then just set mem_debug to TRUE. This could be done dynamically without rebuilding.

All of this functionality would be built into a new debug.c file.

David.